CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

18 Months

Hi sweet girl. Well, this morning as I was drying my hair and thinking about you, I realized that daddy and I actually did not hear a peep out of you at all last night. That has not been the case in a long time. You are getting to be such a wonderful sleeper, even though deep inside I love the cuddle time I get with you on the couch at 2 AM. As I was rushing to get ready for another work day without you, I decided that there are so many things that I want to be able to share with you when you are older, things that I just may not remember. Things that are important or cute stories about you, things you said and did, and just wonderful memories that I never want to forget. You have accomplished so many things in such a short time. I hate to say this, but I have not been the best about documenting things in your baby book. EEEKK!! Little things that I am sure so many other babes do that that parents want to remember. So this, my baby girl is for you. Others may read this and I hope that they do, but mostly it is yours. I guess I should say ours.

Today as I was teaching kiddos how to tell time, I realized that time had slipped away from me! I had forgotten to make your 18 month old appointment to go and see Dr. Mann. You are 18 months old today. I can't believe it! We have come so far, and were both still alive! What a team we are...me, you, and Daddy. I know how upset you will be if we didn't get that taken care of so you are going to get to see the ol' man next Thursday. I know you are jumping for joy! Maybe I can get Nana to meet us there and she can hold you hand like she did when I got shots! I'm not very good at that. That is why I usually make the appointment on a Monday so Daddy has to take you. That wasn't an option this time. He told me to suck it up because he doesn't like seeing you upset just as much as I don't. So, get ready! Maybe we will go shopping afterwards because that always makes me feel better! I am really excited to see your stats. You have changed so much since last time. As I sit here right now watching you rock you baby doll, feed her a bottle and then put her in her cradle, I get a little weepy. Not long ago that was me doing the same thing to you. Daddy and I are so delighted with every new thing we see you do and with every inch you grow. Now if we could only get that sharing thing down! But I am not worried because I know you will. I know you can do anything and be anything you want. Oh my little Princess Keira, if you only knew how much I love you and how you have changed our lives.



Until Next time...
XOXO and a nosey too! (A nosey is our secret kiss!)

Mommy

0 comments: